A GIF showing what it’s like to wake up with sleep paralysis.
You’re forgetting the terrifying hallucinations
As someone who’s had sleep paralysis multiple times, let me tell you that if your mind has woken up and your body hasn’t DO NOT ATTEMPT TO OPEN YOUR EYES. Wake your body up first by slowly trying to move it, wiggle your toes and hands, then gradually work your way up until your body is fully awake. Opening your eyes when you have sleep paralysis is hard enough, but when you do there is a good chance you can see hallucinations like this.
I also have been the victim of sleep paralysis too many times, its bad enough without hallucinations, and so i thought i would add some info on sleep paralysis for anyone who suffers from it.
- As Shada said, wiggling toes and hands are good ways to snap out of it, although other small body parts work, even humming/talking (although things related to breathing might be more difficult). Just FOCUS on one part, its hard to regain control, but easy to become paralyzed again.
- Once you can move again, dont go right back to sleep, you might get paralyzed again. Or have the worst dreams of your life. Turn on a light, do something relaxing, like reading a book. Its been said that looking at a light before sleeping can prevent sleep paralysis.
- Sleeping on your back rises the chances of you getting sleep paralysis. If you get it a lot, pay attention to what position you are in when it occurs.
- Hallucinations, the best part, arent just things like in the gif above. They could be anything from just dark shapes floating around, to scary monsters and demons to sounds and feeling like something is shaking/touching you. I’ve had an experience where it felt like my bed was shaking while a metallic screeching sound roared whenever i tried to breath. Solution? ignore it. Its all you can do. Hallucinations cant actually do anything to you, and you cant move again if you’re being distracted. And once the paralysis is gone, so are the hallucinations.
- Most people dont really have to worry, they will only get it once or twice in their life. Maybe not even ever! :D
Sleep paralysis is literally the worst. It happens to me a few times a month and I’m usually always sleeping on my stomach. Also I always have hallucinations. It’s the fear that gets me. Because I’m on my stomach I can’t see much of anything and my range of vision is extremely limited. I always feel something behind me. The uneasiness is the worst. I can feel it behind me but I can’t see it and the worst part is honestly believing that something is there and not knowing what it will do…..
Used to happen to me several times a week. I get a weird sensation, like it’s gripping me. Oddly I’ve only once hallucinated during it, many years ago. I probably haven’t had hallucinations since then because I sleep in such a way that I can’t see very much when I open my eyes.
I also break free quickly because I have the feeling of being unable to breathe, so I struggle and fight until I can(I usually find that struggling is not recommended, so I wouldn’t advise it, particularly if you have scary hallucinations) because as far as I can tell, I’m not breathing while paralyzed. Once free, I gasp and move around until the ‘gripping’ sensation leaves.
I’ve had this too. I would feel paralyzed, and hallucinate a violent shaking, like an earthquake, accompanied by a deafening roaring noise. As this went on, I felt a pressure building on me, like something was pressing down to crush me. And although I couldn’t see it, I was aware of a presence there, laughing and taunting me while I was unable to move a muscle. It was terrifying. I learned through experience that it only would happen to me if I slept on my back, so I tried to stop doing that.
Oh great, my sister loves the walking dead now so there’s gonna be zombie references everywhere. -_-
LOOK AT THIS FUCKING IMAGE OF PERFECTION
HOLY FUCKING SHIT IT’S RWBY
GOOD BYE I AM DEAD
and holy shit it’äs not even subtext anymore
they’re going around saying shit like “No, I can’t give up Ichiko. We’ll have to figth and the winner gets to be Ichikos partner!” or something like that
I’m just sitting here wanting them to kiss already
tho there’s some stuff about tsuwabuki but I’m choosing to ignore that :I viva la yuri
Yeah I got super depressed about that.
But it can’t stop me from shipping them
reasons you should fuck me:
- my hair is really soft and it’ll feel nice balled up in your fist when you take me from behind
Why don’t girls ever actually talk like this, do you even know how much of a turn on that would be?! Do you?!
i’m a boy
Why would a guy post that ?
have you ever heard of homosexuals